Get Into The Spirit to Celebrate Chinese New Year
Getting into the spirit of Chinese New Year is a great way to recharge and reboot the energy of the new year. This year, 2018 Chinese New Year is February 16. You still have time to get into the spirit! And if you are reading this after the date, always go forth, as whatever time you find you become aware.. go for it! I love the tips for Chinese New Year Day because these are some things we can incorporate into our daily lives!
Prior to February 16 – Here is a suggested to do list! New Years Eve is Thursday February 15, 2018
- Clear out and de-clutter making room for new opportunities coming our way.A drawer, a shelf, a room, our wallet/purse, every little bit makes room for a lot more. This includes cleaning up any debt or finishing projects. Do not lend money NY Eve or NY Day.
- .Clean and prepare for a fresh start. Through clear windows with all the light bulbs working, all opportunity and wisdom is clear for us to “see.” Our beauty is reflected in our mirrors.
Check out your front door, entrance, make it inviting – it’s time for a new welcome mat!
- Stock the fridge & cupboards with an abundance of fresh nutritious foods. Having enough for leftovers after New Year’s Day assures us abundance all throughout the New Year.
A festive colorful fruit bowl connects our intention to abundance as oranges & tangerines represent money & prosperity; apples symbolize good health & safety; pineapples symbolize recognition & promotion. Grapes symbolize success and abundance. Be sure to feast on noodles; uncut they represent long life.
Gather the family for a celebratory dinner
- Live blooming flowers represent rebirth, new growth, new beginnings. Fortunate plants include: Plum Blossoms, Bamboo, Evergreen Pine, Pussy Willow, Peony and Azalea.
- Our appearance, actions and attitudes set the tone for the New Year. Prepare to strut your stuff ~ indulge in a manicure, pedicure, massage, new hair style; any activity to set your intention for the year to come. Prepare your wealth vase as part of your intention to prosper.
On New Year’s Day February 16,2018
- The first words we speak should be sweet and filled with love to insure each day will be such.
No crying or reprimanding children. Do not speak of the past, death, or use negative language
- The first thing we eat should be sweet, (yes ok to brush our teeth first) to ensure we will have only sweetness filling up all days of the New Year.
- Wear new clothes; include something red, whether it is seen or unseen – it is still auspicious! Don’t wash your hair on New Years Day as it is said you will wash your luck away.
- As all the preparation has been completed, there are no chores to be done on New Year’s Day to ensure we will not be burdened with hard work this year. We will prosper smooth and easy. Laugh, Celebrate, and Enjoy the Day!
~ “Gung Hey Fat Choy” ~
“Wishing You Prosperity & Wealth” or “May Your New Year Be Fortunate”
~My Favorite Wish for All ~
“Wan Shi Ru Yi” “May Everything Go As You Wish, May Everything Go Smoothly”